Thursday, February 09, 2006

Is it real or Is it fantasy?

Life Imitating Art

In a local bookstore
I bumped into a couple I
knew on their way to
the local cinema.
He’s a friend from
writers group,
she his wife.

(insert small talk here)

After goodbyes
off they went to
watch celluloid fantasies.
I back to my
mortgaged three rooms (and some cats),
and a work in progress
asleep in a notebook.

(that I hoped one day
to win the Sundance film fest with,
a film that would change the lives
of cinema couples everywhere
)

I back home to a quiet evening dinner

(soup and pasta and sugar free Jell-O)

with my Lovely Wife

(who prefers videos to crowded movie theaters)

and the nightly news,
just before sleep
and dreams
of box office success.
I awake in the morning
and go to the J-O-B,
where I daydream
about being a writer
of notable esteem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home