Thursday, February 09, 2006

Since we're feeling nostalgic

Career Plans

When I was a small child
what I dreamed I'd grow up to be,
depended on the day and the mood I was in.
It was always difficult to choose
one of the various occupations or from myriad of vocations.
I could be launch pad rocketed to orange Mars
after reading a few of Ray Bradbury’s pages…
or become CEO and head inventor for Milton Bradley or Parker Brothers…
I could be a number one K-Tel recording star.

Then there was the promise
of astounding friend and family
with my Doug Henning flamboyance,
or Marshall Brodien sleight of hand.
As fate would have it
I would end up with the dream come true
of a life’s calling, stocking empty shelves at the Ralph-Mart
for minimum wage and an endless supply of low self esteem.
How can you put a price on that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home